from Martha Stewart
by Dorian Cattani of The Closet Rescue
Dorian started Closet Rescue to put her own experience and training to use, and help spread WARDROBE CONFIDENCE to anyone that needed it. Now, she is rescuing recipes from the gurus and making them her own.
For Dorian's help in the closet, please visit www.theclosetrescue.com
But if you want a delicious makeover of Martha Stewart's Banana Bread...see the rescued recipe below.
(Makes 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves)
1/4 pound (1stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Dorian's Rescue Ingredient)
- Preheat the oven to 350'F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan or several small pans.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture. Blend well.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour, until cake tester comes out clean. Turn onto a rack to cool.
NOTE: I used organic eggs & butter. Makes me feel a little better about the calorie intake.
I enjoy giving this as a gift to friends because it always comes out so well.