Spread Your Poached Pears Recipe
by Nuttin Ordinary
There is nothing wrong with spreading your pears with some creamy cashew cheese. This recipe is literally "Nuttin Ordinary": and gives us luxury with a wine and cheese "pearing".
For other great ideas and products without preservatives, dairy or guilt, please visit
But to eat in luxury, drink some wine and get your pears poached, see recipe below.
1 bottle red wine
1 whole vanilla bean
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
2 cups sugar
16 ozs. Nuttin Ordinary Original cashew cheese spread
1/2 cup powdered sugar
A pinch of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of Earth Balance or similar vegan butter alternative
- Peel the pears and leave the stem intact.
- In a large saucepan, bring wine and an equal amount of cold water to a simmer.
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise and add to wine and water mixture. Add cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, and sugar, to taste.
- Add pears to liquid and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cool pears in wine mixture to room temperature. You can refrigerate them in the poaching liquid until you're ready to fill them.
- Remove the stems from the pears and set stems aside. Core pears with an apple corer, leaving pear whole.
- Stir together Nuttin Ordinary Original cashew cheese, pinch of cinnamon and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Transfer to a pastry bag, or if you do not have one, use wax paper tightly wrapped into a cone with the corner snipped off. Pipe filling into cored pears and finish by putting the stems gently into the cashew cheese filling on top of the pears.
- Bring sauce up to a simmer and reduce by half. Add vegan butter substitute to reduced sauce and stir until combined. Spoon generously over pears. Cool to room temperature before serving.
ABOUT NUTTIN ORDINARY
The story behind Nuttin Ordinary Products is quite, well, Nuttin Ordinary. It’s a simple tale that begins with my brother and I, who were determined to start a family business in the beautiful state of New Hampshire. Having experienced many cultural cuisines while traveling the world, we have more than twenty years of international food and travel experience.
In 2011 we joined forces and started working on raw, vegan, and probiotic food products. After years of hard work, research, and experimentation; not to mention eating what seems like 500 lbs. of cashews, our contribution to the culinary world is finally ready for your indulgence. We hope you’ll enjoy Nuttin Ordinary’s amazing no preservatives, no dairy, no guilt, raw – vegan products