Ice Cream Sandwiches
by Boston Scarlette
1 Banana (semi ripe)
1 c. Smoothe Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
1 c. Brown Sugar
2 1/4 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour (or cornstarch)
1 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (Singing Dog Brand is great)
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
4 oz. Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
- In a medium sauce pan, combine unsweetened almond milk, brown sugar, tapioca flour, pure vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Whisk in smoothe peanut butter until thickens (a good indicator, is when small bubbles appear...kind of like when making pancakes).
- Remove from heat.
- Freeze for one hour. Let cool, but do not let completely freeze.
- Chop Dark Chocolate. (if you don't like dark chocolate, you can replace with semi sweet).
- Grab a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Remove peanut butter ice cream from the freezer and combine with dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour peanut butter ice cream mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
- Cut Peanut Butter Ice Cream into squares. Measure with Graham Crackers.
- Flip over squares into serving or storage tray.
- Add Banana slices on top.
- Top with Graham Square to complete Elvis Presley Ice Cream Sandwich.